We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Lemon cheesecake
This is a deliciously creamy and moist, no bake cheesecake. A digestive biscuit base is filled with a mixture of lemon jelly, lemon juice, cream cheese and evaporated milk, then topped with cherries.
26 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 1 23x33cm cheesecake
- 215g digestive biscuits, crushed into crumbs
- 115g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/3 (135g) boxes lemon flavour tablet jelly, broken into cubes
- 250ml boiling water
- 225g cream cheese
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 350ml evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 (390g) tins cherry fruit filling
MethodPrep:20min ›Extra time:4hr chilling › Ready in:4hr20min
- Mix together the digestive biscuit crumbs and melted butter press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of a 23x33cm or similar sized tin. Set aside the rest for the topping. Dissolve lemon jelly in boiling water, set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Stir in the jelly mixture and lemon juice. In a separate bowl, whip evaporated milk. Fold milk into the cream cheese mixture. Pour into the prepared tin.
- Chill for 4 hours, then top with cherry fruit filling and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(18)
Reviews in English (14)
It was very good!! I changed teh recipe a bit because I didn't have lemon gelitan or evaporated mil. What I did was replace the evaporated milk with a little bit of normalmilk and just cut the amount of lemon juice in half so it wouldn't be sour,but just enough to give it a hint of lemon.It turned out great though!-08 Jun 2003
I followed the recipe completely and it was great. I made it 2 days in advance because I was concerned that it might be runny but it wasn't. I served it at a baby shower and every one loved it. I put cherries in a dish on the side and let everyone decide if they wanted them or not.-20 May 2002
by Jenny B
Made this with a premade pie shell crust and halved the recipe, it was a perfect amount. However it didn't come out like my mom's which is almost exactly the same recipe so I don't know what happened. It wasn't really cheesy or lemony enough. Maybe I overwhipped the evaporated milk or didn't use exactly half the jello pack, who knows. Was a bit runny as well. Served with frozen berries boiled with sugar, water and cornstarch.-14 Feb 2010