We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Pasta types
Burnt butter over spaghetti is a staple in most Greek homes. It is a simple and easy dish, just remember the trick is to not over-burn the butter! If you can find a hard Greek grating cheese, like Mizithra or Kefalotiri, use that instead of the Parmesan.
76 people made this
- 450g spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 140g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 120 C / Gas 1.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a medium frying pan over medium heat, melt butter with salt and cook until just brown. Remove from heat and toss with pasta, cheese and oregano. Pour into a baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 to 15 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(66)
Reviews in English (52)
My husband asks for this! Try adding a bit of minced garlic to the butter, putting a bit of Greek Seasoning in with the mixture, and topping with whatever kind of cheese is on hand before baking. It is the perfect "stand-by" budget-wise main dish. Kudos to Ya-Ya, and thanks for shaking it with us, Nicole!-24 Apr 2005
My family went WILD for this! I am not a very good cook, and the first time I made this, I messed up the recipe a bunch of times and it still tasted DELICIOUS. The second time, I followed the directions perfectly acurately, and it was EVEN BETTER! If you don't taste this dish, there is something wrong with you.-03 Jun 2003
This is fantastic...I have made Sicilian spaghetti and didn't care much for it, so I sort of had that mindset with this recipe, but I changed my tune after one taste...AWESOME! Thanks!-23 Mar 2010